Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

Bonfires

Through the magic of Facebook, I recently got back in touch with an old childhood friend of mine, Shaun.  We discovered that we both ended up in Ottawa.  Shaun lives on the outskirts of town on a big tract of land and very generously holds a bonfire on the first Friday of every month.  All comers are welcome.

I recently took advantage of his hospitality, going with my 8-year-old daughter and her friend.  A good time was had by all.  I thought this was a very nice tradition - an opportunity to catch up with what's going on in friends' lives and given that new people are always showing up, a great way to meet new people. 

So, I raise a cup of hot chocolate to bonfires.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so lovely. I've never done something like go to a bonfire before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you went to the bonfire. It's so much fun to reconnect with old friends.

    ReplyDelete