Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2012

A-Z Challenge Wrap-Up

This was indeed a challenge in many ways.  I planned and wrote many of my posts well in advance of April and I would recommend this approach to anyone thinking of signing up next year.  The last week and a bit was the hardest for me.  I began the week not having written any of the posts, largely because I struggled to come up with topics for "w", "x", "y" amd "z", and on the whole, I would say they were my weakest posts.  I'm also finding that the challenge has used up my store of ideas for posts and now I am scrambling around for something to write.  So, what can I do now?

Overall, though, the experience was positive.  Aside from some statistical benefits like getting more followers and a ton of page hits from A-Zers, I got to meet a lot of interesting people who left comments and I similarly visited many other interesting blogs of those who participated.

I cannot say enough about the people who co-hosted the challengs this year.  I appreciate all the hard work they did, with a special shout-out to Jenny of the Pearson Report, who visited several times and left encouraging words.

Will I do it again next year?  I'll have to see where I'm at when the time comes, but I think I would.  The challenge was, on the whole, fun.

2 comments:

  1. I found that when I was writing some of my posts, I thought of other ideas and jotted them down. A bit late to say that now but maybe something sparked your interest or made you think, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing posts ahead of time helps so much. Or, at the very least, deciding on your topics early. That's how I approached it last year and I don't think I struggled much at all with finding something to write each day. This year was a much different story.

    ReplyDelete